This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area.
We Deliver to Your Area!
added to delivery
Perfect for pickling or shredding into salads!
- 1large or 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon dry-roasted salted peanuts, more for garnish
- 2fresh bird chilies or serrano chilies, sliced
- ½teaspoon raw sugar or white sugar
- 1tablespoon dried shrimp (optional)
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla), to taste
- 2plum tomatoes, 1 large round tomato, or 8 grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½pound long beans, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch lengths (optional)
- 1small to medium green (unripe) papaya (see Note)
- Lettuce for serving (optional)
In a blender or mortar, blend or pound garlic, salt, peanuts, chilies, sugar and shrimp (if using) into a paste. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in lime juice and fish sauce. Use a spoon (or the mortar) to lightly crush tomatoes and beans (if using), then add to bowl and mix lightly.
Peel and coarsely grate or shred papaya, discarding seeds and inner membrane. There should be 4 to 6 cups.
Add papaya to bowl and lightly but thoroughly toss together. Taste for seasoning. Mound in a bowl (if desired, line bowl with lettuce leaves beforehand). Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.